We don't know about you - but an unofficial FLSK survey has shown that most of us make fancy drinks far too rarely. By "fancy drinks" we mean anything that can't be bought ready-made in bottles, but requires a few simple steps to prepare.That's a shame, really, because hardly anything puts you in that holiday mood of spoiling yourself so quickly. A special drink is great for guests, but it's also worth it if no one's stopping by: You're worth pampering yourself with something out of the ordinary. And you don't even need alcohol for that! Try it out right away - with this rosemary-lemon iced tea.
If you've never made your own iced tea before, you'll be surprised how easy it is. You should allow about an hour for the first sip. Most of the time, however, goes into cooling our iced tea and that takes care of itself. More time for you to squint in the sun, start your favourite playlist and sit back and relax.
That's what you need:
For 1 liter iced tea:
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 4 bags of black tea (e.g. Earl Grey)
- 1000 ml water
- Sugar to taste
- ½ lemon
- ½ lime
- Ice cubes
For the decoration:
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 slice organic lemon
It's that simple:
- Bring water to the boil. Steep the rosemary and tea bags in it for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar if desired and stir until it dissolves. Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon and lime and add the juice. Place in the fridge until the iced tea is really cold.
- Pour ice cubes into a glass and top with iced tea. For decoration, place a sprig of rosemary inside and stick a slice of lemon on the rim of the glass. If you don't want to serve the iced tea immediately, fill it into the large FLSK drinking bottle. It will stay ice cold for 24 hours.
FLSK tip: Get yourself some reusable drinking straws. They are very pretty and will accompany you through several summers! Don't worry about hygiene: stainless steel straws come with tiny brushes that you can use to clean the inside. You may not be saving the planet, but you'll be making sure that one less piece of plastic pollutes the earth. Good Karma!